The date of birth of Yekaterinburg can be considered the day of the launch of the hammerheads at the ironworks, the construction of which was launched on the banks of the Iset River in 1723. The fortress was named in honor of the Empress Catherine on the initiative of the engineer G.V. De Gennina. Since 1971, Yekaterinburg has received the status of a county town. Thanks to the paved Great Siberian tract this young city became a window to Asia. A new impetus to the development of the city was the discovery of placer deposits of gold near Yekaterinburg. At the beginning of the 20th century, Ekatrinburg proved to be the center of revolutionary struggle in the Urals. Soviet power was established in the city in November 1917. After requisitioning the house from engineer-builder Ipatiev, the Bolsheviks marked the family of the former emperor Nicholas II in the house. In July 1918, the Emperor's family was shot. In total 4 month existed the Ural provisional government, which recognized the authority of Admiral AV Kolchak, and soon the city was again captured by the Red Army. In 1924, the city plays the role of the center of the Urals region and gets a new name - Sverdlovsk (in honor of the Communist Party figure Yakov Sverdlov).
In the 30-ies, large-scale construction of giant factories transformed the provincial urban district into an industrial center of the country. For a number of indicators, the city was among the three most developed. Sverdlovsk made a huge contribution to the Victory of the people. It was here that the legendary Ural Tank Corps was formed. In the post-war period, the restoration of the city and the emergence of a new peaceful lifestyle began. In 80-e years built the first branch of the metro. In 1991, a significant event occurred - the city was returned to its original name - Yekaterinburg. Modern Yekaterinburg is a millionaire city with 4-th place in terms of population in the country. Modern Yekaterinburg, comfortably stretched on the slope of the Ural Mountains, is a large industrial and cultural center, where you can find everything that is necessary for a modern person-it is enough to just go online, ask the appropriate query in the search engine and go по необходимой ссылке. В городе находится более 50 музеев и несколько театров. Любому гостю города будет легко найти самые интересные достопримечательности, благодаря удобному пешеходному маршруту «Красная Линия», связывающему 34 туристические достопримечательности. The museum-memorial square is located on the site of the iron-making and copper smelting plant, in the area of Plotinki. The area of the complex is almost 8 ha. It housed the surviving buildings of the plant (buildings 1830-ies), a unique dam and a hexagonal water tower. Посередине сквера расположены два мостика. On one bridge there is a huge block of pink rhodonite, called the "Stone of Love". К 275-летию города, в августе 1998 года в сквере был установлен памятник из бронзы основателям города. Another museum complex of the city, the visit of which leaves in the heart of every person a sense of belonging to the history of the country. В течение трех лет строился Храм на Крови во имя Всех Святых. The temple was built on the site of Ipatiev's house, in which the family of the Romanovs was shot. This majestic temple is topped by 5 domes, bells and has an upper and lower temple. В память о трагических событиях установлен памятник, представляющий собой царскую семью в момент спуска в подвал, из которого им не суждено вернуться. В крупнейшем храме Екатеринбурга проводятся богослужения, отсюда начинается Крестный ход, а на территории храма существует церковно-приходская школа. On the execution of the royal family reminds one more place in Yekaterinburg - Ganina Yama. It was here, in 20 kilometers from Yekaterinburg, the last family of the last Russian Tsar found its last refuge. Revival Ganina Yama began only in 2000 year, with the construction of the monastery, and afterwards seven more temples (in accordance with the number of executed members of the royal family). Here were built: a refectory, a museum and a church shop. Directly above the "fatal" mine is the Poklonnaya Cross. When visiting the monastery complex it is recommended to be modestly dressed. To distract and relax, it's nice to look into one of the cozy and quiet parks of the city - Kharitonovsky Park. Until 1987, it still bore the name of the Pioneers Park, but soon the park was returned to its historical name. In the park, several buildings of the merchant Kharitonov's estate have been preserved, as well as larch alleys planted more than 200 years ago. Residents of the city keep a legend about the underground labyrinth, which was built by merchant-Old Believer Rastorguev, who feared persecution. Now the park supports a layout, in English style, combining picturesque hills, winding paths, ponds and gazebo-rotundas. В парке также есть небольшая детская площадка. Residents and guests of the city like to relax in Kharitonovsky Park. In summer sports and cultural events are held here. The 1905 square of the year is another place in Yekaterinburg, which is never ignored by the indigenous people and visitors of the city. Это главная площадь города, территория которой интенсивно застраивалась в XVIII веке. На площади был возведен Богоявленский собор, позже здание Гостиного двора. Unfortunately, the Gostiny Dvor building suffered from a fire, so the old building was destroyed, and in its place a new two-story building was erected. The main square of the city has always been a place of city meetings, and in 1905 has become the center of revolutionary events. In 1917, rallies and demonstrations took place on the square. In 30 years on the square a monument was erected. Ленину. In the same years, the architect Golubev proposed a project for rebuilding the Gostiny Dvor, suggesting an increase in the number of storeys to 5 floors. Today on the square there are folk festivals, concerts, city Christmas trees and an ice town, popular among citizens of all ages in winter, is built every year. In addition to the square, the guests of the city often walk along the Yekaterinburg Arbat, so the inhabitants of the city call the pedestrian street of Weiner, the oldest street in the city. The name of this street was given in honor of the revolutionary Leonid Weiner. The pedestrian route starts from the main square, which offers an excellent view of the city pond and the government building. The street covered with paving slab is a favorite place for the promenade. There are many places where you can spend your time interesting. A huge number of souvenir shops, cafes and restaurants. Walking along the street you can see beautiful old houses, and on the street there are original modern sculptures: a monument to the inventor of the bicycle Artamonov Efim, a monument to the Yekaterinburg Offene (merchandising goods), the sculpture group "Friends" (dedicated to the legendary blacksmith philosopher Alexander Lysyakov from Lake Shartash) , Here you can see the Pup of the Earth called Greenwich, waving to everyone passing. On the Day of the City, the Consul General of Germany presented the city of the Dancing Bear in 2007, whose figure was decorated with drawings of the cartoon characters "Bremen Town Musicians" based on the sketches of the young artist Dinara Protochanskaya. Not far from the merry bear is the fountain "Time Machine", but received the nickname "Kraken" because of the fact that it is filled with air foam instead of water. После прогулки можно отдохнуть в Дендрологическом парке, существующем в городе с 1948 года. Shady alleys and ponds create a relaxing atmosphere. In this city there is something to see, and from a bird's-eye view you can see the whole panorama of the city and marvel at its beauty. Эта площадка расположена на высоте 273 метров над уровнем моря в бизнес-центре «Высоцкий». On the first floor of the center is a small museum dedicated to Vladimir Vysotsky. Со смотровой площадки можно увидеть и границу между Европой и Азией. Today, based on the data of recent studies, it can be stated with certainty that flora and fauna vary on different slopes of the Ural Mountains. Between the two parts of the world is the Obelisk, next to it is the "Stone of Tears", about which the newlyweds are being beaten up for happiness by glasses. This city often meets guests inhospitable weather conditions, but there is an abundance of interesting places, that the local climate does not prevent the guests of the city from accenting on the merits of Yekaterinburg.